Every day at the British Bird of Prey Centre offers you the opportunity to join us and other customers in flying one of our beautiful birds. There are two great opportunities to join a group:
Owl Flying 2.30pm
Red Kite Flying 4pm
These sessions take place every day on our flying ground. When you purchase your ticket you will be asked to be at the centre approximately 10 minutes before your session. We will then issue everyone with a falconers glove and your falconer will introduce you to the bird the basics of how the bird will land. Now it is your turn and each of those joining group will take turns for the bird to be called to their glove. These experiences are a really good opportunity to try your hand at something new and exciting.
Bring your camera, this is definitely a photo opportunity!
- Tickets and booking are available exclusively at the British Brid of Prey Centre
- Numbers are limited to 15 per session, so we recommend buying your ticket on arrival.
- There are no age restrictions on our group flying experiences. The birds are safe for all ages so why not join us and have a go.
- Sessions are available on the day for £10, when you have purchased your entry tickets separately
WHY NOT PURCHASE A GIFT VOUCHER NOW FOR THAT SOMEONE SPECIAL OR TO TREAT YOURSELF:
If you are planning to visit and know that you want to take part in our Group Flying sessions then this is the most cost effective way to purchase a flying experience!
Your voucher will include:
- Fly either an owl or a Red Kite
- Entry into the National Botanic Garden of Wales
- Entry into The British Bird of Prey Centre**
- Maximum 15 people per session
- Experience lasts approximately 30 minutes
** In accordance with Welsh Covid Guidelines our Show tickets must be purchased separately. Please ask at the shop for details.